This document lays out the terms and conditions of Boots & Beards mini bus rental (hereinafter referred to as the “company”). The hirer is responsible to the company for any damage to the vehicle, its fittings or equipment caused by the negligence or misconduct of any passengers carried there on. Notices or decorations can only be displayed with prior consent of the Company and is the hirer’s responsibility to remove. The company shall not be responsible for any failure to execute this contract by reason of accident, fire, tempest, strikes or any cause outside their control. The company shall not be responsible for loss or damage to luggage or other property brought on to the vehicle during the period of hire however caused. This contract shall not be varied in whole or in part except by mutual consent of the company and the hirer.
All hirer’s must be over 18. Any person wishing to hire a bus, who is under 18, should ask an adult to make the booking on their behalf.
1. Until the full amount has been received via bank transfer the Company will deem that the Private Hire has not been booked and consequently the journey will NOT operate. Bookings are only accepted with the hirer’s full name and address, full pick-up/set-down times/addresses preferably with a postal code received through our online booking process.
2. A charge may be imposed if a delay for start of journey is delayed by more than 15 minutes, as this could result in a delay on subsequent/pre-booked vehicle hire. The company can refuse to continue the booking if the delay is so long that they would subsequently be late for other hire work.
3. Driver/Conductor can refuse to transport any passenger that he/she feels could be a danger/nuisance to other passenger’s, or himself/herself.
4. Passengers will not consume food (such as chips/burgers, greasy foods) or drink any alcoholic drinks on vehicle. Sandwiches and soft drinks will be allowed at the driver’s discretion. Rubbish must be kept under control of Hirer.
5. The company will not be held responsible for any delay or lateness getting to your destination which is outside their control, i.e. traffic jam, weather conditions, passengers not on time for pick up etc.
6. Airports Only –If delayed longer than 1 hour of return time stated, passengers may have to wait for bus pick up. A vehicle will be arranged to pick passengers up as soon as possible (if not on time). If landing date on invoice is incorrect the Hirer will be liable for additional cost if the vehicle is resent on corrected date. It is the Hirer responsibility to give correct return land details when booking, any changes Hirer will be sent revised invoice. Payment must be paid prior to departure from airport.
7. Passengers not on time for booked return time may be left behind if driver cannot wait.
8. The vehicle will not wait beyond 15 minutes of return time stated unless prior arrangement with office/driver. A charge of £20.00 for every extra half hour beyond time is chargeable either on night or by follow up invoice. If not paid on night then driver can refuse to transport late passengers on the return journey.
9. No money will be refunded if vehicle passengers do not wait for return pick up vehicle, this will be classed as a breach of contract. Full or balance of invoice must be paid to driver prior to departure to destination. No money will be refunded if passengers do not wait for return pick up vehicle due to any unforeseen circumstance (i.e. emergency), this will be classed as a breach of contract. Passenger’s to understand the procedure of where to pick up the vehicle on the return/landing trip. Please ask driver if any doubt about your return pick up point.
10. Any passengers sick on bus (due to alcoholic indulgence)or alcohol and food despoilment the Hirer will be charged £40.00 per seat for cleaning.
11. All passengers aboard any of our vehicles are require by law to wear their seat belts for the whole duration of any journey. It is law that all passengers must wear seat belts unless exempt to do so with appropriate documentation.
12. The company cannot guarantee type of vehicles booked due to circumstances outside their controli.e. breakdown. Where necessary other vehicles will be replaced to cover booking.
13.The HIRER is responsible for any damage caused to vehicle or appliances with in the vehicle by HIRER or HIRER’S passengers. The HIRER will be invoiced for any such damage and where available, a direct payment from any Credit/Debit/Switch etc card used for said hire, will be taken by Boots & Beards to pay the mentioned invoice. If payment is unable to be taken, then Boots & Beards will expect full payment within 10 days of date of invoice or Court Action will be taken.
14. There is a zero alcohol approach on ALL of our hires. Alcohol may not be taken on to, or consumed on the bus.
15. The authority of the driver and / or conductor is final. They have the right to stop the bus, cancel the hire or ask passengers to leave the bus at their discretion for reasons of safety, health, behaviour or any other reason. In such an event, the hirer will not receive compensation.
16. Additional charges such as parking fees and tolls or ferry tickets will be levied in accordance with the charges imposed by the company supplying the services. Such charges are to be paid on demand.
17. The company will use reasonable endeavours to perform the Services at the times set out in the booking confirmation.
18. If, despite the endeavours set out in clause 17, the company is unable for any reason to fulfil any performance at the specified times, the company will be deemed not to be in breach of this Agreement, and the company will not have any liability to the Customer for direct, indirect or consequential loss (all three of which terms include, but are not limited to, loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill, pure economic loss and like loss) howsoever caused(including as a result of negligence) by any delay or failure in performance.
19.There is no guarantee that the vehicle will perform the journey in any given time and the company shall not be accountable for any loss, inconvenience or damage which may arise from any delay, detention or breakdown. However, the company will endeavour to procure a replacement vehicle for the carriage of the passengers but cannot be held accountable for the type of vehicle used or any additional charges which are levied by the owner of the replacement vehicle(s)
21 – 28 days25%
14 – 20 days50%
8 – 13 days75%
1 –7 days 100%
21. For all hires, the driver has the final decision on the exact route taken. The driver will endeavour to accommodate all reasonable requests from the hirer, but will consider the safety of the passengers, other road users and the vehicle itself when determining the route, and any pickup/set down points.